English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESoL) -Intermediate Class – Spring 2021 – Week 1
Topic 1: Introductions
Topic 2: Speak like a native English Speaker! Words to replace “very”
- Vocabulary: Words to replace “very”
Topic 3: Reading Comprehension – Oprah Winfrey
- Reading Practice and Questions: Famous African Americans – Oprah Winfrey
- Answer Key: Reading Comprehension Answer Key
Conversation Partner Prompts
- Introduce yourselves!
- Look at the pictures here: Family Reunion Conversation Prompt Picture
- Discuss what is happening in the pictures – How many relatives are there? How many children are there? Which children are misbehaving? What are people doing in the pictures?