Skip to content
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESoL) -Intermediate Class – Fall 2020 – Week 9
Topic: Route 66 – The Famous American Highway
Click this link to read an article about Route 66. You can listen to an audio version of the article on the website (click on the media player below the YouTube video) or by clicking on this link.
There are new vocabulary words at the end of each article.
Conversation Partner Prompts
- Have you ever been on a long road trip?
- If you took a road trip across the U.S., where would you like to go?
- Do you prefer to travel by car, by plane, by train, or something else?
- Do you prefer to camp or stay in a hotel?
- Where would you travel if you could go anywhere in the world?
- What other country would you like to take a long road trip?
- Who would you like to go on a road trip with?