English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESoL) -Intermediate Class – Week 1
Topic 1: Family Vocab/Writing Informal Letters
Vocabulary: Family Vocabulary / Writing A Letter
Activity: Writing A Letter To Family or Friends
Additional Links: Family Members Chart
Conversation Partner Prompts
- Who do you live with?
- What family member are you closest to?
- Where is your family from?
- How many siblings do you have?
- What do your parents do for work?
- Did you ever meet your great-grandmother or great-grandfather?
- Do you have any nieces or nephews?
- Are you married? If so, how do you feel about your mother-in-law? What about your father-in-law? Do you have a sister-in-law or brother-in-law? What are their names?
- How do you communicate with your family?
- Do you ever write letters? To whom?